Buyer/Purchaser-Huron County Area.
AK Resourcing Inc. are currently seeking an experienced Purchaser/Buyer to cover a Maternity leave in the Huron County area. This position will begin in June and offers a superb compensation package.
The perfect candidate will be responsible for the purchasing, management, and maintenance of the Company’s inventory of materials and supplies. He/She will work on projects to reduce costs and risks.
• Obtain quotations, negotiate prices, enter assigned purchase orders for approval, send approved purchase orders to suppliers and follow up on the delivery status of open purchase orders
• Liaise with various suppliers and coordinate purchasing requirements with functional experts
• Build working relationships and be the main point of contact for assigned group of suppliers
• Participate in the supplier performance evaluation/scorecard process
• Work on supply chain improvement projects
• Work on cost saving projects
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies.
• College Diploma, University Degree or SCMP Designation
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in dealing with both the Canadian and US Markets desired.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organization skills.
• 3-5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing
• Able to perform in a team environment
• Training or certification in Supply Chain field is preferred
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
If this is the position for you please send your most up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org