AK Resourcing are seeking a Chief Medical Officer to work at a new Health Centre in Qatar.
This centre is a groundbreaking new sanctuary for wellness and treatment of behavioural disorders. It is a state of the art purpose built facility which includes 127 residential rooms together with clinics and over 50 individual and group treatment / therapy rooms.
If successful in gaining this position the new Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the CEO of the organization.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER ROLE
- An accredited degree in Medicine from a reputable medical education institute.
- Post graduate qualification in Addiction Psychiatry or equivalent.
- Valid registration with the relevant professional bodies and licensing authorities.
- Formal training in addiction treatment.
- Formal psychotherapeutic training would be an advantage.
- Relevant academic experience will also be an added advantage.
- 15 years of experience, including at least 7 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Most experience should be at a reputable addiction treatment centre.
- Experience in GCC and/ or Middle East.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Deep knowledge of psychiatry and addiction medicine and other treatment procedures, possible complications that may arise and treatment options.
- Ability to independently coordinate addiction treatment practice and make decisions drawing from previous experiences.
- Adept to research and remain abreast with leading practices and technological breakthroughs in the relevant areas.
- Excellent use of the English language (must) and Arabic language (preferred).
- The Chief Medical Officer will lead and set the strategic direction for clinical programmes ensuring compliance with the highest quality standards in clinical care and with Government regulations, in order to effectively and efficiently meet Guest Client needs and support.
- The Chief Medical Officer will ensure the achievement of the divisional strategic objectives by setting priorities and objectives for direct and indirect reports (including cross-functional teams i.e. MDT, project workgroups, etc.), managing performance, developing a highly-qualified talent pool and motivating them, and providing strategic direction to maximise performance, improve productivity and reach clinical and operational excellence.
- Review and approve all clinical procedures, clinical protocols, quality requirements as well as audit and review MDT decisions to ensure their alignment with best practices and with overall strategic goals.
- Provide guidance to Clinical Directors who in turn will lead the clinical team in providing best-in-class evidence-based care to Guest Clients by drawing from knowledge, experience and continuous access to clinical competence and best practices.
- Champion the development and implementation of Naufar’s education and research programmes, to further improve the treatment of addiction and behavioural disorders in Qatar and the region.
- Build trusting relationship and partnerships with, local and international associations to create win-win solutions that contribute to the success of the Clinic with adequate involvement of Director General, ADG, Executive Director International Relations and CEO.
- Ensure collaboration with Religious Councils to design treatment solutions that are more effective within the cultural environment.
- Champion the development, implementation and management of Clinical Records (as part of the EMR initiative) to sharing of information and integrate it in decision making.
- Attend relevant committee meetings and perform duties as described in the committee Terms of Reference (TOR) to support the committees in achieving their responsibilities and objectives.
- Champion change management through continuous improvement of systems, processes and practice, and being a proactive change agent considering ‘international leading practice’, changes in the business environment to improve business performance and clinical/operational excellence.
- Review clinical reports to ensure they are comprehensive, accurate and submitted it a timely manner, and comply with international principles and standards.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position please send a copy of your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org