We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for our client in Goderich, Ontario. The successful candidate will directly supervise employees in the Maintenance Department and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Oversee the operation of Maintenance Department. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in a salt blending and packaging plant. Responsibility is to ensure safe work practices and procedures are followed as well as ensuring high productivity from this department. Quality standards and safe work practices are to be followed. Effective maintenance scheduling and employee development.
A superb remuneration package is on offer to the right candidate.
- Supervises, develops the skills and directs/ delegates activities of the maintenance crew.
- Training; planning, assigning, and directing work; ensure work is completed on a safe and efficient manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situation
- Assesses ongoing maintenance projects and job orders and determines work priorities
- Ensures safe working conditions and safe work procedures are understood and followed by crew
- Communicates equipment and job order status to appropriate people and departments
- Understand, present and enforce policies regarding safe work practices, production methods, quality standards, and preventative maintenance.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and weekly tool box talks
- Troubleshoot equipment problems throughout areas of responsibility, determine maintenance needs, schedule repairs and oversee progress of same.
- Have input into developing maintenance budget.
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Degree (4yr), or equivalent work experience
- Associate’s Degree (including technical training in industrial electricity and prior supervisory experience).
- Direct work experience maintaining industrial equipment, conveyors & packaging machines & equipment, piping, hydraulic systems, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Knowledge of welding procedures & fabrication techniques is a plus.
If you are interested in the above position please send your most up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org