AK Resourcing are currently seeking an Engineering Manager for the Rolling Stock Department of one of the biggest rail companies in Saudi Arabia. This successful candidate will manage the engineering team, delivering professional service to support the delivery of locomotives and wagon availability.
- Monitor the performance of the rolling stock fleet and develop plans to improve its safety performance enhance vehicle availability and reliability and reduce unit cost.
- Provide managerial, technical and supportive training.
- Provide operational engineering support to each of the workshop supervisors.
- Develop and manage the engineering team budget including the operational manpower budget and the capital requirements for the rolling stock assets.
- Manager of the engineering change procedure.
- Provide a safe working environment and embed a strong organisational and team culture – developing a positive attitude to health and safety among all staff.
- Develop and deliver work methods and standards that will ensure health and safety legislation is complied with.
- Willingness to be flexible to help the organisation to meet changing demands. As some out of hours work will be required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential.
- Ability work on you own or as part of a team.
Education and Experience
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years rolling stock engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Knowledge of rail systems engineering
- Knowledge of rolling stock and maintenance techniques is essential.
If you are interested in this position please send an up to date CV to email@example.com