AK Resourcing are currently seeking a Mine Engineering Technician for our our clients in Huron County, Ontario. The successful candidate will assist the Engineering Team in scheduling, drafting, surveying, ventilation and ground control.
- Perform weekly mine-wide ventilation surveys, diagnose issues, develop and communicate corrective actions.
- Conduct weekly face advance and drilling surveys of all active headings.
- Conduct total station surveys to determine actual pillar size and ensure development is online and grade.
- Complete Mine Plan Map updates using AutoCAD
- Filing and maintenance of engineering drawings and documents
- Install ground control instrumentation in those areas identified in the mine roof and in mine rooms.
- Make arrangements with mine operations personnel for equipment requirements, and physical installation of the instrumentation station.
- Perform scheduled ground control measurements of the electronic instrumentation read-outs
- Maintain and repair of rock mechanics instrumentation stations.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Qualification as a Mine Engineering Technologist or Technician
- Ability to work with mathematical functions related to engineering discipline and concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, CMMS systems is highly desirable.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission.
If you feel you are the right candidate to fill this position and would like to avail of the opportunity please forward your most up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Contract