The ideal candidate will provide professional engineering support to the Rolling Stock Maintenance department, ensuring that all Rolling Stock is maintained and fully operational in compliance with the safe working code.
- Ensure all maintenance manuals and associated documents are compliant with relevant standard, up to date, legible, concise and easy to interpret and at all times provide the necessary information required to maintain the fleet.
- Oversee and review all safety related events that occur to the rolling stock and ensure that the appropriate immediate action is taken to maintain safe operation.
- Setup and monitor suitable reports with the maintenance contract for all performance objectives, and provide a regular update of modifications and special checks.
- Analyse rolling stock performance data and make recommendations to improve reliability, quality and safety performance
- Liaise with maintenance and engineering departments, and maintenance contractor to provide technical support during problem resolution.
- Assist the engineering teams of other departments to implement projects and initiatives.
- Participate fully in all training courses and briefings relating the maintenance of trains, operation of equipment.
- Undertake the audits to ensure maintenance and activities are carried out in compliance with the company and maintenance contractors Quality, Health & Safety procedures and trains are fit for service.
- Support continuous Improvement processes.
- To assist shifts and work at various locations as required undertaking on-call.
- Comply with all operational rules, procedures, regulations and instructions.
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with safety management systems, support and ensure team is compliant with requirements.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within Operations.
- Reporting accidents and safety or security concerns.
Experience and Education
- Recognised Mechanical/Electrical Diploma at trade level.
- 3 years relevant engineering experience.
- 5 years relevant maintenance experience including technical improvements.
- Experience and Knowledge of engineering and rolling stock standards and requirements.
- Passenger Rolling Stock Experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate in English.
If you are interested in this position please send an up to date resume to email@example.com