AK Resourcing are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist to work in a top Hospital Group in Saudi Arabia.
The Respiratory Therapist will perform all routine, basic and advanced Respiratory Care Modalities and Procedures are per the established Clinical Practice Guidelines or in consultation with the treating Physicians for all patient groups as required.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and modify appropriate Respiratory Care Management Plan in consultation with treating physician on patients with pulmonary diseases.
- Perform patient assessment including invasive and non-invasive monitoring and other non-invasive physiologic measurements.
- Monitor patient responses and modify therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and consultations with physicians.
- Document all patient care in patients’ medical records clearly and concisely.
- Assist with pulmonary diagnostic procedures (i.e. bronchoscopy, etc.) as required.
- Apply, manage and monitor oxygen therapy. Provide the associate cold/heated Aerosol or Humidity therapies when indicated. Administer advance respiratory procedures.
- Administer Aerosolised Medications such as Bronchodilators, Corticosteroids, Antibiotics, Xylocaine, Pentamidine, Ribavirin, and Morphine Sulfate in consultation with treating Physicians.
- Perform all routine Respiratory Care modalities and procedures including but not limited to Chest Physiotherapy/ Bronchial Hygiene Therapy (Percussion, Vibration, Postural Drainage, etc.) , Lung Expansion Therapies, Provide Oxygen Therapy devices, as indicated.
- Perform Advanced Airway Management and clearance for all patients in the service, in emergency and non-emergency situations, provision of effective bag-valve-mask ventilation during Codes.
- Perform Tracheotomy Tube Care as needed and coordinate patient weaning and corking with the physicians.
- Perform Respiratory related diagnostics modalities and procedures such as Basic Pulmonary Function Testing, Sleep Disorders Screening and Metabolic studies as indicated by the treating physician.
- Provide patient instruction on proper use of therapeutic modalities and techniques, conduct patient specialised education programmes such as Smoking Cessation, Asthma education, COPD Education programme.
RESPIRATORY THERAIST REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited University.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with an accredited association
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Tertiary Care Hospital with at least 3 years critical care experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Neonatal/ Paediatric Care.
- Must have current BLS and ACLS certificates
Please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org